Tuesday, November 30, 2010

For this Christmas

I've been really struck lately with an overwhelming feeling of giving. As a mom who lives off setting up a picture perfect life for my kids, I feel that there is something a lot more important then having a Christmas tree loaded with gifts for kids who are too young to appreciate them. And as great as Toys for Tots and other organizations are that provide needy children with toys, there are many kids that don't even have their basic needs met- love.


I came across a blogger who is trying to help one little boy to get a loving family. Baby Cliff has Down Syndrome and has been abandoned in a European Orphanage. Jeannett of LifeRearranged.com started a fund raiser to help a family in the costly procedure of adopting him. Prior to reading this, I was just on the Internet browsing for the "perfect" gifts for my own kids- my daughter, who at 3 months can barely hold a rattle and my boys who find joy with the left over diaper boxes. How much better would my money be used to help a child find a family then on a toy that will be broken and discarded in a week?





To read more about Baby Cliff go to... http://liferearranged.com/2010/11/make-christmas-count-for-cliff/

Little Cliff, you are in my prayers sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...