Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Little Legs

Oh, how I love having a girl...


The bows, the flowers, the rompers and the tutus...


And my new favorite baby accessory, stripped leggins...






We train girls young... accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! My favorite outfits are the most plan ones, jazzed up with chunky jewelry and a loud pair of shoes. Oh Fiona, just wait till we get those crooked little feet fixed so they can slide into some shoes! Ballet flats, strappy sandals, boots- oh the boots! But for the time being, I have fallen head over heels for little crooked legs in leggings. And thanks to these great etsy sellers, www.etsy.com/shop/fategoddess and www.etsy.com/shop/stocktopuscreations , my little wiggler has a nice collection to keep those legs dressed up and warm.

I'm growing more and more jealous of my daughters wardrobe each day. You can dress up a baby to the 9s so much cheaper then yourself. The holiday catalogs keep coming, and it takes all my strength to dump them in the trash before I open them. Occasionally I slip, and find myself lusting at all the new fashions. The change in the weather always creates an urge to get a whole new wardrobe. But, when you are on a budget with $0 in the extra spending column, you have to get creative to satisfy that crave for something new. Its time for a closet purge and reorganization to "find" some new outfits.

And speaking of $0 for extra spending, instead of buying the kids their Christmas ornaments this year, I made them with something I always have laying around the house- yarn.



After some time searching etsy to try to find the "perfect" ornaments, I came across some crotcheted ones and stopped looking for something perfect and settled with something free made with love :) I can let myself get all worked up about having a perfect first Christmas for Fiona, but in reality, she doesn't care, nor will she ever remember her first Christmas. Just like our boys will be just as happy with a box of bubble wrap as they would be with a hundred boxes of toys- both they would only play with for a minute before they left it laying in the middle of the room, forgotten about.

I can't believe I am talking about Christmas. I normally try to let each holiday get its time to shine before moving on to the next, but this year I've already skipped over Thanksgiving. For me, its the hardest holiday to celebrate in Florida. Thanksgiving is all about the corn husks, turkeys and the fall leaves- none of which are found anywhere near us. And its all about the family getting together over a big feast, reflecting on the year and what they are thankful for... but with a family of 5 ( 1 that doesn't eat and 2 that don't eat much), there will be no big feast. There really is no need for even a full turkey. I'm seriously lacking in my Thanksgiving enthusiasm and need to get into it soon, because it will be here and gone before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...