Sunday, November 7, 2010

Procrastinating

You know your body has acclimated to a warmer weather state when 60 degrees feels like 40. This weekend brought a much welcomed cold front mixed with sunshine. AC was shut off, windows were opened, and the cool fresh air blew the smells of my new cinnamon broom through-out the whole house. The cold has also made me realize a new love of mine- 2 year olds in footied pajamas.





Gavin has been a little under the weather the past few days. His nose is a running facet of snot and he has been wearing these puppy eyes that just make me want to hold him all the time. The flash of the camera is just too much for those tired eyes.

There is about 4 loads of laundry waiting to be put away, a stack of papers and bills that need to be filed, amongst about a million other little things that need tending to in the house, and my motivation is at 0. I just want to sit in our front yard and watch the boys play with their trikes all afternoon. The boys are in their room, supposed to be napping, but I can hear the scraps of them running their cars along the wall above their bed. Fiona's eyelids are fighting, as they heavily droop close with the swaying of her swing. I should have a good hour to get the house together, that is, if I can get the motivation to get off our big, orange lazy boy I am currently resting in.

We spent the morning house-hunting, something we have been talking about doing for almost two years now. Its exciting and scary, but mostly scary. I guess I have a little bit of commitment phobia when it comes to purchasing a house. Although, I have been dreaming of decorating a house since I was a kid ( I originally went to college to major in Interior Design) the responsibility and the stress of being a homeowner are terrifying to me. Not to mention, the heartbreak of getting your hopes up about a house you love and then not getting the house- a scenario I have seen happen to one too many people. Its incredible what you can get for so cheap right now. We literally can buy our dream house that is big enough for us for less then what we pay in rent.

Fiona slept in her own room last night for the first time. It was not as hard as I thought it would be, but she did not sleep as well. She woke up at 4am and I ended up bringing her back into our room for the remainder of the night. I feel like in the last week, she definitely has gotten bigger. She is eating a little more each day- adding the extra late night or early morning feed has helped along with a few other tips speech gave us. Adding formula, on the other hand, has just caused more problems. She spits up when we add it to her bottle and does not eat as much either- on top of that, her arms have broken out with eczema. I've stopped adding it until I can talk to her doctor on Monday. Its more important that she gets the right amount of fluids over the calories. I am constantly having to choose the lesser evil for her.

The boys are still playing with their cars, and Fiona is now sleeping soundly. Time to get the boys on the same page so I can get something done with the disaster that is my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...