Friday, December 3, 2010

Marlena

  Ever since reading about baby Cliff, God has been laying it down hard on me. I have been humbled by the millions of children out there growing up alone. I've spent these last few days in open conversation with God, praising him for my three amazing kids, thanking Him for blessing them into a loving home, and praying for help for all the children that weren't.

 I wandered over to Reece's Rainbow (http://www.reecesrainbow.org/ ) and fell in love with this sweet angel, Marlena.



I had scrolled through child after child, but this little blessing caught my attention. Her eyes bore right into mine, and I felt an instant love for her. When I read her information, I started to shake.

 Shes a week older then my Fiona. When I was anxiously awaiting my baby's birth, another mother was giving her baby away. I don't know her full story, I'm not even sure where shes from. All I know is she has Down Syndrome, an AV canal defect (same as Fi) and is alone somewhere oversees in an orphanage. She has spent her three months of life in and out of hospitals, just like Fiona, but without a momma there to hold her hand. Maybe its that her almond eyes are the same silvery blue that Fiona's eyes are or that her little chubby cheeks fall the same way Fiona's do from the low muscle tone, but I can't stop thinking about her.

We are done having kids. I knew that as soon as I saw Fiona, she was the last child I would bare. But I'm pretty certain God is telling me that he has bigger plans for our family. I know its not now, and I'm not sure when, but I strongly feel adopting another special needs child is in our future. If we had all the money in the world to help with the cost of adopting and medical needs, I would sweep sweet Marlena from that orphanage in a heart beat. She will always hold a spot in my heart and I will be praying everyday for that blessing to find a loving home. I am forever grateful for the financial support we have gotten with Fiona, and right now our every penny is going to keeping her alive. But someday and somehow, I hope to give another little blessing a real home.

2 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how the littlest faces can capture your heart so strongly? thanks for hosting cliffy's button and blogging in the midst of your own journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Thank you for being his Christmas warrior

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...