Sunday, January 2, 2011

Simple Day

Five people, sprawled out, on a laid-out blanket. This is the site you would have seen most of the first day of the year. Nothing to do but be together, and I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the new year then with these people. Dats my people.



Four fabulous smiles from the littlest lady of our house. We dance, and shake and coo and caa and pretty much do anything silly looking every chance we get to keep this girl smiling. Because, well, we just can't get enough of her. 





 Three handsome boys, cheersing their spoons and forks over our families favorite meal- our first dinner this year- avocado shrimp.


Two not-so-little-anymore boys, riding their motor bikes (or so we let them believe and call their bicycles) Took one of many to come walks down the street, stopping to straighten out handle bars and pick mommy some flowers... or weeds. Its the thought that counts. Oh, and there was a very awkward, slightly creepy, few minutes when a neighbor driving by stopped and starred at the boys. She said she was reminiscing when her twin girls were that little. Even with a little bit of conversation, it was still very weird.






And one new, not quiet finished, quilt, that has already gotten use as a nice photo background for Fi. Some day, Gavin and Breiden, you will look at all these pictures and think that we favored Fiona. Sweet boys, I would love to take pictures of you all day long, but getting you to sit still for the camera is next to impossible. Trust me, G and B, I love you three all the same.


This is Florida's prime time- what we know as season. Season brings perfect weather and lots of northerners. Our small town quadruples in size for a few months, and my patience is constantly tested, driving with one too many  gray-hairs on the road. I have avoided three car accidents in two days from people not paying attention and or not able to see over the steering wheel. My mommy-warrior mindset gets turned on- I have very precious cargo in the backseat of my car!  Very precious cargo that I would rather just be at home, laying out on a large blanket with. Very precious.













1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by my site today! It sounds like we have a lot in common! Your boys are too cute and little Fiona is precious! I'll say a prayer for Fiona on Friday!

    I'm a Florida girl too - Jacksonville here! :)

    I'm now following your site via Google Friend Connect. I'd love to stay in touch with you. My email is Carrie at CarrieWithChildren.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...