Thursday, February 24, 2011

Glow

Someone noticed the other day that I have been extra smiley lately. Like I was glowing. And no, I am not pregnant, although, I have to say, that my husbands vasectomy brought zero comfort and I still freak every month that I may be. I really had to stop and think why I was so happy lately and I landed on that life is just good in this moment. After a long year of bad news upon bad news, nothing but goodness has been surrounding me lately.

The sun has been shining for 2 weeks straight now- a drought that is bad for the plants but good for my soul. I have been carpe diem-ing every chance I get. And its not just the good times outdoors we have been enjoying, but also the little nothingness stuff that goes on in our house. Like how this morning, I went to pick up Fiona from her bassinet and she gave me the biggest smile and said "hiya". Okay, so she made a noise that sounded like hiya, but I like to pretend she was saying hi. Just like when she babbles "mama" I like to believe she did it on purpose.



Or that we are trying to teach Fiona how to hold her own bottle, and her big brother Gavin comes to the rescue when she drops it and helps her hold it again. Something we never told him to do, he just knew his sister needed help.


The boys' new at-home attire has changed from diaper butts to big boy pants- still rare that they wear actual clothing in the house. Except, lately they have added their "cool shoes" (Crocs) to just the underwear look. Funniest sight ever, seeing them in nothing but Thomas the Train underpants (usually on backwards, so they can see the trains, of course) and Crocs, leaning against the couch with their sippy cups. And one of the most exciting things that gets yelled through our house is, "Mommy, I really big poop!" Potty trained- CHECK!



My husband is head-over-heels in love with another girl. Our girl. And I am totally fine sharing him with her. He got home from work the other night and all the kids where asleep. We were sitting, together, just talking and relaxing in the living room ( I probably was knitting and he was probably watching TV), and Fiona made a slight little whimper. I watched as my husband's face lit up, he rushed to her and rocked her to sleep in his arms until I suggested we go to bed. It was like he was waiting for her to wake up just to hold her. I can't fully explain, there is something about watching the man who swept you off your feet, turn to mush around his little girl. Its different then how he is with the boys. He is so proud of his boys, but so protective of his girl. He would do anything for those three.





We are getting ready to say buh-bye to Fiona's sweet crooked feet. Tomorrow starts the casting processes that I have been dreading to restart. I have grown to love her turned in feet and the way that she tucks them so cozily around her body. And she has grown to love playing with her feet. I fear the devastation when she can't get to them. The casts cover entirely both legs- from diaper to toes- and they are heavy. They will add another instant 5lbs to our peanut. As cute as her crooked feet are, they must be fixed. So, we will battle through the next 2 years with the casts and the boots. And we will continue to work with her physical therapist to make sure that she doesn't fall too far behind. Man, can Fiona get around. You turn your head for one second and she has rolled her way to the other side of the room. I always know when she has flipped onto her tummy. A tiny, frustrated grunt and yell comes from her little mouth that keeps excelertating until she makes it once again to her back. The main thing that gets her moving is trying to follow her brothers. Her eyes stay on them like a hawk, and she is noticeably more content when they are near her.

We also said buh-bye to Nana and Bumpa today who are headed back to the cold and snow covered north. Thank you so much for the wonderful month-long visit and for all the help with the kids! Hate the distance, but despite their constant efforts to persuade us, we can't leave this warm weather. The sun keeps me sane. And apparently has given me a nice glow as well. I am truly happy from the inside out and am off to enjoy some more sweet nothingness with my family.

1 comment:

  1. Your little boys couldn't be more adorable. It makes me SO excited for my little boys to grow up and be like that. I live for the sun...I wish I lived in a warm place...I just live vicariously through you guys going to the beach in February ha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...