Friday, February 18, 2011

Personal Day

February 17, 2011

So.... took a personal day and 100 percent worth it.







Escaping to one of the many beaches near us, we chose one that we don't normally go to just to switch things up. New place and new adventures... the beach had lots of small wild life for the boys to hunt and explore. Conch shells and hermit crabs, they collected quiet a few before we let them go back in the ocean (well, the conch we just observed because it is very illegal to remove them from the water). It was absolute perfect weather, not too hot but not too cold, warm sunshine mixed with a light breeze. Totally worth leaving work early today.












We hit up a hole-in-the-wall fresh seafood place for dinner on the way back. The kind of place that is a little rough around the edges, but has amazing food and friendly people. Set right on the water on the marina, we enjoyed crab legs, fish fry and just the good company of family as the sunset behind us.





The night was topped off by cheering on my husband at his hockey game and some beers with good friends afterwards, something I so seldom get to part take in. I can't think of a better day to replace a slow day at work. I feel refreshed and thankful that my boss let me not waste the day. I definitely made the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...