Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hope

Normally I would not post twice in one day , but it's the night before Fiona's surgery... the second time I will watch my princess go under the knife before even her first birthday. This time is not nearly as scary, for one, because we have been there already, but mainly, because foot surgery is not nearly as risky as heart surgery. It will be short, with no stay in the hospital. I feel like I should be taking this a lot more seriously then I am... that I should be feeling some sort of anxiousness or worry about tomorrow. But I am not scared. I am ready for this to be over, and to be snuggling with my drowsy, drugged up, casted baby all afternoon tomorrow.

I have gotten to enjoy two wonderful, kid-free, girl nights (thank you Charlie!) the last two nights. One of which, we went to an actual movie theater. The movie theater is like going to a fancy restaurant for me- a very rare occasion. I expect a extraordinary meal when we get that opportunity for a nice restaurant, and I crave a good movie on my special theater viewing. Since the only TV I watch is Noggin, I had no idea what movies were playing or what any of them were about. I trusted my girlfriend to pick a good one, and she did not fail. I literally have never watched a movie that moved me so much. My sobbing was uncontrollable. Soul Surfer- the true life story of surfer Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm to a shark. I remember when that happened years ago. The movie had a lot of Christian influence because Bethany is a Christian. And her faith is a huge reason for her strength. They actually read a verse in the movie from the Bible, and that's when the water works started. Because Jeremiah 29:11 was the verse that I held on to through Fiona's diagnosis.

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

And its that verse that I decided I wanted to name our daughter Fiona Hope. Whether Fiona was okay or not, I knew either way, God was going to give me hope. And she is okay, and medically almost out of the clear from all her major issues. Pray for a safe and smooth surgery tomorrow morning, and that this will be the last time we have to watch our daughter go through this.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...