Thursday, May 26, 2011

The bright side of bad

I really needed for it to be Thankful Thursday, because there is a lot of negative in my life right now that can easily bring me into a negative place. But, there is always something to be thankful for.

Thankful that the Supreme Court overruled the original ruling that the Davis family could indeed adopt Gregory Kirill Davis, a little boy in EE who has Down syndrome. The first judge deemed the boy "unadoptable" simply because he has Down syndrome. He told the family they could adopt another healthy child, but not him. But thanks to hundreds of people donating money to appeal their case, a judge with a better understanding, and God softening hearts and opening eyes, Kirill is no longer doomed to a terrifying life in an institution, but is on his way home with a family.


Thankful that my dad is recovering well, and that the kidney donation was successful! 

Thankful that my daughter will someday walk.

Thankful for my boys who look after their baby sister.

Thankful for a husband who knows that it takes effort to make marriage work, and never takes what we have for granted. And thankful for our Thursday date nights, and the opportunity to get out of the house, wear sexy heels and spend time together, alone. 

Sean Ocean photography

Thankful for healthy kids. This is relative, but no one is dying, no one is throwing up. That's definitely something to be thankful for.

Thankful that Breiden looked at me last night after a horrible day, and said "Mommy, you look beautiful"

Thankful that two out of my three kids wake up on the right side of the bed in the morning. Which two is constantly changing, all three would be ideal, but I'm thankful for two.

Thankful that our good friends and my little sister are coming down next week!! 

Thankful that I have stuff to be thankful for in my life. 

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. You, like me, have a lot to be thankful for, and little Gregory and his new family - and lots of other babies like him - have much too. I so love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...