Saturday, June 18, 2011

My hero

This is a hard post to start. How do you introduce the man who is your biggest hero? I could start with that he recently donated his kidney to a good friend. Or that his faith in God, that he taught me, held me together as I was starting to crumble learning of Fiona's diagnosis. Or that he has given me the opportunity to explore the world and has encouraged me to become the person I am today. But I love him for so much more then that.



I love him for sweeping little me in his arms and dancing with me in our living room, singing "Shall We Dance" from The King and I. I love him for never missing one dance competition, music recital, basketball game, softball game, track meet or volleyball game. I love him for pushing me to stick it out when I wanted to quit and for helping me when I wanted to be better.


nice white washed jeans, dad :)

I love him for calling me daily, numerous times a day, just to say hi. For his day and a half visits to Florida just to see me (and my family). That he put up with my teenage attitude independence and still drove me 3000 miles away and let me live on my own at 18. That he trusts me.


I love him for his it-will-all-work-out attitude. Something that comes from fully trusting God is in control. I love his giving heart and his competitive sole- which makes for much more intense and exciting games. I love that I could count down to the second when he would come back and say he was sorry for getting angry. That he is human but he knows his flaws- and attempts to change them.



I love that my husband and dad like each other. That they have mutual respect for each other as fathers. That my dad is just as proud of Charlie as I am.


And if all of that did not convince me I have a great dad,  my kids tell me every day they are thankful for Papa. I am thankful for Papa, too. I love you dad, you are my biggest hero.

5 comments:

  1. You have the best dad in the world, and I'm so happy that you appreciate him.
    No one could ever love you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I loved this! So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet!! you are a lucky lady! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so kind and so sweet!!

    Hello! newest follower on GFC!
    Following from the Monday hop!
    Would love for you to stop by and follow back and say hello!

    http://www.bragallaboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely -- as is your entire blog and family!
    Love your blog!
    Hiya! Newest follower from The Mom Blog Monday Hop-- please stop by and say hello and enter my GiVeAwAy! Would love if ya followed back!
    ♥cyn♥
    The Purple Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...