Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Unexpected

ER...
104.6 fever...
waiting room...
lethargic baby...
swollen glands...
friendly nurses...
more waiting...
more waiting...
catheter...
moved to a different room...
nurse remembers Fiona from previous visits...
more waiting...
not the flu...
not RSV...
not UTI...
burning hot baby skin, snuggled, sleeping on my chest...
more waiting...
more waiting...
failed wrist IV...
head IV...
very frustrated baby...
chest X-ray...
even more frustrated...
more waiting...
the smell of glue on my babies head as she sleeps again on my chest...
all test are normal...
cleared to go home with just Tylenol and Motrin...
baby hair being ripped from my daughters head, removing the IV...
6 tests, 6 hours, still 101 fever and going home...



fever is back up to 104.

Praying this passes quickly.

......

I am free. Not by my own choice, but I am free. I was too scared to do this, so I am thankful someone pushed me. Its still scary. I haven't figured out all the details. But for the time being, I am a SAHM. I already feel like a better mom. And hopefully, a better wife. This is were my concentration needs to be. Its no ones responsibility to take care of my family other then me. So bring on the crazy couponing, and home cooked meals, and movies we already own. Hoping that we can make ends meet on our own this way.Its worth not having to split my self between work and home.

Thank you for cutting the cord.

6 comments:

  1. Omg, poor little girl!! I really hope this passes quickly. :-( I'm so sorry she's not well.

    And good luck with your freedom!! You'll see, it's all for the best, and Fiona will be one lucky little lady to be home with mommy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I think this is the first, maybe the 2nd time I'm commenting..although I have followed your blog for awhile now.)

    Congrats on becoming a SAHM. All the cutting back to do it is so worth it. :)

    I hope Fiona feels better soon! We just got rid of all the illnesses at my house; croup, bronchitis and pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that picture gave me chills! Poor baby! And poor mommy! Hope she feels better soon!

    (I was a SAHM for almost 20 years. Wish I was still...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...