Thursday, August 18, 2011

Celebrate

Fiona sure blossomed in just one year. From our tiny 6lb 8oz 19inch baby who's heart made her so weak she could hardly eat, to my frosting licking, canckle sporting, on her way to crawling, little girl. So it was only fitting her celebration was bright, loud, and beautiful.





Thanks Katie for sending me the video on how to frost the cupcakes like flowers, to Mindy who taught me how to make the tissue flower puffs and for making that adorable banner for me and for letting us borrow some props, to the Walsh's for letting us borrow quiet a few stuff, and Jae and Marco for lending some stuff and for the sangria. And of course, to my dad and step mom, who supplied the great spread that we had and ran numerous errands with us. I failed to get pictures of Fiona with any of these people.












That's it. Those are the only pictures that were semi not blurry that I managed to edit a little. Thank you everyone for celebrating with us such a big milestone for our princess. Its the company that really made the party. And if any of you (ahem, Marco, I saw you were taking pictures with my dream camera :) have any good pictures, please send them my way.

I wish I had a more appealing slide show to give. My camera (Fugi FinePix) takes great pictures outside in natural sunlight, but it being dead middle of August, in a Florida summer, that wasn't really an option for a party venue. The importance of a good camera and good pictures is priceless to me. Now if only I had the money to support that statement.

For eye candy, we'll just keep admiring the beautiful work of Sean Ocean.

Happy Birthday again, my sweet little blessing. To you, it doesn't matter if the cupcakes looked like flowers, or if you received gifts or just paper... and some day, when we are looking through pictures together and I am apologizing over my crappy photography and lack-there-of, we will embellish on how beautiful your big blue eyes were, and how you couldn't get past the frosting to the actual cake and how proud Mimi, Papa and Grandma were to hold you that day.

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great celebration! I am impressed with the cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she had a great birthday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love everything.. Lovely pics!

    Angie
    www.littleinspiraiton.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the decorations! Everything looked so pretty! Looks like she had a wonderful Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Fun party and very eye catching decorations! Happy Birthday Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Friday Hops to say hello.
    Have a great day!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/08/friday-friend-connect-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Fiona! I think she may be the most stylish and cutest one year old yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! So cute, you should come link this up to my Delicately Constructed linky party! I am visiting from the Friday Blog Hop from A Mommy's Blog Design Studio and I am a new follower! I am also having a giveaway on my blog this weekend and I would love if you would stop by!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My little one just turned 1 as well! It goes by way too fast!

    Found you through Monkey Blog Hop and am following you! Please drop by neck of the woods http://tonithechicmomma.blogspot.com/ sometime!

    Thanks,
    Toni The Chic Momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday little one! She's such a cutie! I love the picture of her in her high chair before cake. The look is priceless!

    New follower from the Monkey Blog Hop
    Mama Dani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a ton of fun!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...