Friday, August 5, 2011

Thankful- an adjective


    thank·ful
    adjective /ˈTHaNGkfəl/
    Gratitude, thankfulness, or appreciation is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive. ...


    I am thankful for a beautiful sunny week.


    Thankful for little boys who are independent peices of me. That leaving me is greeted with great excitment for something new but returning to me is a great teasure too. 





    Thankful that my mom will be coming home from the hospital tomorrow, and that she went to the hospital in the first place. Thankful she is still here.

    Thankful for almond eyes that greet me every morning as if I am the most wonderful thing in the world. 



    Thankful for chances to teach my kids. So, maybe their first chance to choose to buy something or to save for something better, they lived in the moment and bought a smaller train. It was still something to see the pride of earning their own toy. 


    Thankful for Target, a company who uses a beautiful little girl for their back to school ads, who happens to have Down syndrome.


    I am thankful for Sean Ocean and Ashley Allbee and the photography that fills my home. I am just dying 
    to debut Seans lastest shoot, Fiona's first birthday pictures.







    Oh wait, thankful for perfect timing. A sneak peak at the photo shoot.

    ...

    Thankful for play dates that are just as rewarding for the mommas as they are for the kiddos.

    Thankful for summer rains that graciouslly wait to the evening so we can soak up the summer sun. 


    Thankful for my better half, who I don't nearly thank enough. He is the mud that holds us together, and super man to his mini-mes. I am thankful for not only a great husband but an amazing dad for our kids. 

    Thankful that my almost one year old is finally finger feeding!! 


    Thankful for an upcoming busy social life. Even if some of those social activies are kids birthday parties. 

    Thankful for a vacuum to clean the popcorn the boys throw all over the carpet on movie night. Thankful for movie night.

    Oh ya, and thankful for scissors to cut through all my good yarn that they ran around our kitchen with this morning, leaving a tangled yarn mess. Thanks B and G for a great start to the day.


    What are you thankful for this week?

9 comments:

  1. I'm thankful I now know about your blog! And for a wonderful fun-filled day with my hubby & boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! Your kiddos are absolutely beautiful- and its great to hear that your mama is getting out of the hospital.
    Following you from Boost My Blog Friday. Stop by my blog anytime!
    ~SortaSuperMom
    http://confessionsfromBoystown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I am so excited to see Targets add! YAY!!! Thanks for sharing, now I am going to pass it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! New follower from the Say Hi Sunday Blog Hop. Stop on by - www.blended.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful that I found your blog. I love love love finding quality blogs like yours. I'm a new follower from the Say Hi Sunday blog hop. Thanks for the warm and fuzzies and I am crazy about the photos. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Dayna
    http://www.greatbeautybuys.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos in this post are beautiful (as are your children). I like the concept of taking a moment to list all of the things you are thankful for, and then adding the illustrations to really show readers what you are talking about.

    This is my first time to your blog, and it's really wonderful. As an editor, I do have to tell you that that there is a typo in your header. It should be: Life's Little Surprises
    In all honesty, it was the first thing I noticed, and I think it would be wrong of me not to tell you. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through a blog hop, and I'm so happy that I did! Your blog is beautiful, and your kids are ADORABLE! :) New follower!

    Mandi from Boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh all I can say is you have the most beautiful and precious children!!! Such cuties!! I LOVE your daughter's sneak Peek picture!! Oh gosh...priceless!!!
    I am a new follower from Wed Hop! Hope you'll Come visit me!!! Thanks!
    Stacie
    http://www.loveyoualwaysgiveaways.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow can I just say you have a gorgeous family! You do indeed have lots to be thankful for.

    I am a new follower from the Boost My Blog Hop. Would love a follow back at http://messforless.blogspot.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...