Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Holding On

She has become bashful. Shyly greeting people with one eye buried into my chest. And clinging to me for dear life if I try to move her or put her down. Wide open arm hugs, with her tiny hands grasping tightly to each of my shoulders. I have been holding her a lot more lately to fulfill this need to be comforted by me and savoring that these days go by quicker then we think they will. 


This girl loves her beans and cheese. If all else fails, this is our go to meal. I love watching those little fingers pincer grasp those teeny-tiny beans. I may or may not cheer every time she gets one to her mouth. 



My kitchen dance parties have finally caught on, and B likes to break a move every time he hears a beat. Definitely up there on my favorite traditions.

Along with family time at the pool. Just a few things that no matter how miserable the day is going, are shoe ins to bring smiles on every one's face.






With September brings lots of Florida rain. Thunderstorms are often the back drop throughout the day, sunny days speckled with dark clouds that open up every couple of hours. I am ready for it be a less rainy season but enjoying watching scenes like these play out. 


HIGHLY supervised of course. To be a kid again. 

My mom is out of the hospital, Breidens eczema seems to be under control for the time being, we still waiting to hear if they need to do more blood work on Fiona but as of right now, no new of more blood draws. 

I am thankful for some new connections and friendships and a chance to hang out with an old friend who came in town for a bit. Mike and Ky, we miss you guys so much. CA- Im just say'n...



Thankful for my boys who drive me absolutely insane, but make me laugh harder then anyone else.

Thankful for all this snuggle time I have been getting with Fiona. Including church service this past Sunday, where she was supposed to graduate up to the one year old room. A room where she developmentally isn't ready for and I wasn't ready to admit that I have to hold her back, so I she stayed with me in service. A bump in the road that I am past and next week she will join her younger peers in the infant room till she is ready for the bigger toys and kids. 

Thankful for coffee, which is the only thing that is getting me through each day. Right about 2pm everyday, I can be seen as that iced coffee sipping, multitasking mom. 

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. Great post, I love the break dancing! I love when the babies go through the shy phase, I could just snuggle my little C like that forever! Glad, to see them mature but sad for the moments we won't have anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the blood draws were no more, but even out of the hospital, I have them every day. It's OK though...lots better than being tied to a hospital bed!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful today that it's not raining. Seriously! :)
    You guys are in the pool alot. It makes me jealous. Keep beggin the hubby to get one..I say it's for ESLEA but whatever... :)
    I LOVE Fiona's big ole's eyes. TOo cute!
    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Fiona is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. i was born with a rare life threatening disease,and developmental delays. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...