Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 for 21

So, after coming off two weeks of boycotting blogging, I am joining up with a couple other Down syndrome moms to do 31 for 21. 31 days of blogging for the 21st chromosome. Not all posts will be about Down syndrome, but it will be a big focus. Why now? Because October is National Down syndrome Awareness Month. Not to be confused with March 21, which is WORLD Down Syndrome day, October is the month America focuses on Down syndrome. Well, along with all other special needs and the most prevalent Breast Cancer Awareness, too. But I am here to help raise awareness about the cutie that stole my heart who happens to be made with an extra 21st Chromosome.


October has always been my favorite month. Fall, cooler weather, the colors, the smells, the layered clothes, Halloween, the holiday kick off, Football and Hockey, my wedding anniversary, the Buddy Walk and now a month to also celebrate my daughter. Not like we don't do that every month anyway :). Oh, and I can't forget you Toby,  my brother-in-law's birthday falls in this month too. So for the next 31 days, you will hear a lot from me. And hopefully, become more enlightened on what Down syndrome is and why some of us see it as a blessing.

Happy October 1st!

And Happy Birthday today to our sweet friends Gracie (2) and Christian (1!) :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy to share this month with you~ looking forward to reading your daily posts:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...