Saturday, October 15, 2011

Being Thankful

Its been a while since I did a thankful post. And there is always something to be thankful for, even in the midst of a storm. Since its National Down Syndrome Awareness Month, I wanted to share what I am thankful for concerning Down syndrome.

I am thankful for almond eyes and low muscle tone. Think a precious moment doll that you can squish and snuggle like no other. The perfect cuddler.



I am thankful for petiteness. That may baby will fit in my arms for a long, long time.


I am thankful for new friendships. For conversations that only special needs and Down syndrome gave a door to.

I am thankful for being more aware of others.

I am thankful that my boys are now open to a world were different is wonderful, instead of the rat race world were everyone strives for perfection.


I am thankful for tears that made me treasure life.

I am thankful for being forced to find strength in only God. Nothing compares to the comfort I find in Him.

I am thankful for stubbornness that fuels my little girl to succeed.

I am thankful for being introduced to Reece's Rainbow, and a whole world that I was blind to.

I am thankful for chubby simian creased hands that are becoming more and more controlled.

I am thankful for being able to support and connect to other moms who are struggling with pre-heart surgery anxiety.


I am thankful for friends stepping in left and right to help and offer encouragement. 

I am thankful for the joy I feel with each achieved milestone.


I am thankful for Fiona Hope. The fighter who proved them all wrong. The girl that steals hearts and spreads her infectious smile. A blessing in disguise.

6 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful baby. And your boys are also gorgeous! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is BEAUTIFUL, Shannon. I love your heart. I wish we lived closer!! Fiona is so gorgeous, I can't even pick a favorite photo. Except that surgery photo just melts me- I love her smile!!! heart.melting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely post today. Seeing beautiful...love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so wonderfully worded...and the pictures could not be more precious. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post. I adore that last tutu picture! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post-surgery photo is priceless. We have one similar of Hailey after hers. Almost as if she's saying, "Everything will be okay, mom."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...