Monday, October 17, 2011

Due North

I got my taste of fall. Real, 60 degree, red foliage, crisp air, fall. I spent 26 hours ( 9 of which were sweet uninterrupted hours of sleep) of autumn in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to witness one of my oldest and dearest friends marry the love of his life. I have never seen him so happy and complete, and I am so excited for their life together. Cheers, to Nick and Lucy.








Chattanooga perfectly blends the old with the new. Saving and restoring great history of the south while mixing in modern architecture. Art that expresses the town's past and art that just catches the eye. I, living in a place in the US that probably has the least amount of character and history, what being filled with cookie cutter houses and a town they rushed to build up in just the last ten years, ate it all up. I am a history/art junky.








Every time I go to Tennessee, I want to move there. But I was happy to come home to 6 awaiting arms who didn't skip a beat with mommy's day away. This weekend, our town has started its fall festivals and the parks, hayrides, and pumpkin patches stands are in full swing. The next two weeks calls for lots of time with friends, pumpkin seeds, costume parties and the much anticipated Buddy Walk. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get away for a short period and enjoy a little fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...