Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spreading the word

It hit me like a ton of bricks. All the advocating, all the up-lifting, positive things I have said or attempted to show, it all of a sudden became crystal clear why it feels like I am talking to a wall.

I am talking to a society about saving, accepting, and treasuring lives that are created "less then perfectly" "different"-the same society that is obsessed with perfection. A society were plastic surgery is normal, where people know more about celebrities lives then with what is going on with their own family. Were we obsess over fashion and our weight and appearance. And I sit here, pooring my heart to a self centered, self obsessed, self glorifying society asking them to see beauty in something different.

But just because I know this, doesn't change my battle. I will still advocate. I will still proclaim the blessings of the road less traveled, show the beauty in the different, and enlighten every chance I get. Because although its probably fallen on thousand of deaf ears, if just one person can be changed by it, its worth talking to that wall.

Repect, accept, but mainly educate yourself. Do not make assumptions when you don't know and think about what you are saying when you use the R word. Think about what it means to these kids. Thank you to Ilisa at Ailts Familyfor putting this together and for debuting Fiona :)




There are so many people out there who get it. Not that wanting to be perfect is bad, just treating those that aren't as garbage is horrible. Thank you to our friends who truly have attempted to stop using this word incorrectly. Every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...