Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trunking

When it comes to Halloween costumes for an adult, you want to be unique. Its all about finding the craziest, funniest, most stand out costume. For me. showing up to a party and wearing the same thing as someone else is horrifying. But for kids, the more the merrier. Each Batman and Captain America was greeted with excitement that there was "another one!" To be exact, 14 Batmans and I lost count of the Captain Americas. My boys wanted to high five each one.





I am obsessed with Fiona's costume this year. The boys were on the fence of being super heroes or Woody and Buzz, and I over encouraged the super heroes just so baby sister could rock this costume. After all, she is our Wonder Woman. The prettiest Wonder Women there ever was with no hair :) Big thanks to Papa for purchasing the boys awesome costumes. They absolutely love them and make sure he knows every time he calls with about a million "Thank you for my Baat-Maan (always slightly sung with one arm in the air) and Cap-pin Merica costume, Papa!" Seriously, thanks Dad.








Is it bad that I am planning on re-gifting our candy for our neighborhood trick or treat? That is, if I can keep my hands off of it till then.

The boys preschool throws a Trunk or Treat every year, where kids trick-or-treat out of the trunks of cars. I remember choosing neighborhoods as a kid to trick-or-treat at because the houses were really close together. You could get twice as much candy with less walking. Well, Trunk or Treats you can hit over 50 trunks in less then 15 minutes. Perfect for the little ones who are over walking at about, oh, 15 minutes.




I rocked out my Mrs. Incredible costume, orders of the bosses. And as I sat in my mini van, watching other families walking in, I seriously was thinking about telling the kids that it was closed and we were going home. I was one of 5 who dressed with their kids. But it made me cooler in B and G's eyes, which I guess are the only ones who matter? And hey, I was the only one dressed as Mrs. Incredible, so I got my unique costume, not to mention a hit with a lot of kids who thought I was the Mrs. Incredible :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm dying over her Wonder Woman costume. I LOVE WW! And she just may be the cutest one I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for little kids...I love the Wonder Woman costume. Yes, she did rock that costume out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute costumes. I really like those Wonder Woman 'boots'!

    I've never heard of Trunking before. Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say thanks for the compliments on my blog photography :) But I got an even better surprise when I took a little tour of your blog..what an amazing, inspirational mommy you are! I look forward to your updates now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...