Tuesday, November 29, 2011

At my own pace

The lows are low but the highs are higher. Yesterday, it crossed my mind that Fiona is going on 16 months. And Down syndrome stung for a second. Because she is going on 16 months and she isn't crawling yet. As much as that really doesn't matter, it does. As much as I look at that glass half full, occasionally, that glass looks pretty damn empty to me. But then today, she crawled. And the high that I am on now is soo worth that low.


She didn't get a chance to get too far because I scared her half to death with my scream of joy. And then we both laughed and bounced, her- arms flapping and butt bouncing because mommy was happy, me- clapping and jumping because I was so proud. Proud of my little girl who has worked so hard to do what came so naturally for you and me. It amazes me to watch her do things that we practiced and practiced and practiced for months. The look on her face that says, "What? O ya, I can do this now, mom". Picking up beans and feeding my self? No problem. Taking toys out of baskets and putting them back in? Got that down. Flipping pages in a book? I love books! O ya, and surprise, mom, I finally figured out this crawling thing!





I got my Christmas wish a little early. Time to baby proof the house!

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you! How wonderful! Levi is 18 months and is just starting to take interest in crawling. She looks like her hips and legs are much strong than his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the feeling. The lows suck but the highs will last you quite a while...keep riding it! Yeah FIona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Fiona!!! Love love love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how i LOVE the highs!!!:)) When they finally do something that u have been working so hard on u just want to scream it from the top of your roof and let everyone know!!! Way to go Fiona!!! Such a cute video:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooooo great! Congrats Fiona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Fiona! I know what you mean about the lows and highs, thank you for sharing with all of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work Fiona! I love hearing about milestones like this. Just when you think it's never going to happen, all of a sudden she's doing it like she's been doing it forever! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how she crawls for jewlery, such a little girl!! lol...Yaay Fiona, you are going to be all over the place now!!

    Shannon I couldnt agree with you more...The lows are low, but the highs are higher! And it's all worth it! Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! That is so exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...