Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking Silence



I refuse to acknowledge a certain December holiday that is being thrown in my face left and right. Its November. A month to embrace gratefulness. And I am going to let it have its shining moment. And boy I am thankful to be living in Florida this time of year.

Either my patience is getting stronger or my boys are finally entering a new stage. It seems we have a few difficult months followed by few calm ones and so the cycle goes. My house feels calm for the moment. A little cleaner, a little more organized and a little less yelling. Because although I swore I would never be a yelling mom, well, we all thought we knew what type of parent we would be until we were actually parents.

There isn't so much distinction of outside and inside with windows open and nice temperatures no matter where you are. ( Except yesterday and today it started to warm up again. FYI weather, we are ready for another cold front) I love kissing little boys heads who's hair smells of fresh air and dirt. Cozying up on the couch in sweatshirts and blankets after a fun-filled day. Although, snuggling with the little monkey is far and few between now that she is a wiggling to move. No crawl yet, but she somehow gets her way to were she wants to go. Half butt scoot, half roll, half throwing her self in the general direction. She is antsy for her independence. And I am loving her will.


I am thankful to stay at home with my kids. It really is worth living off PB&J and hours that are 24/7. There is no other job where you legally don't get a break. But there also really is no other job as rewarding or as important.

I am thankful that my Dad is in town, even for a few days. I am loving watching my kids with their Papa. I see so much of him in my boys. Especially Gavin.


I am thankful for good health.

I am thankful for sweet friends.

I am thankful for life not going according to my plan. Its so much better then my plan.

I am thankful my little sister will be here to celebrate Thanksgiving with us this year. You know, that holiday that is next week were we gather together to purely be grateful for what we have been blessed with. To me, there is no greater way to spend a day. (Plus throw in football and friends/family? Its a shame marketing for that December holiday overshadows it).

I am thankful for my sweet Breiden, who is snuggling with me as I type this and keeps wanting me to scroll back up to the picture of his sister. He loves her so much.

I am thankful for having to scold Gavin for yelling at kids to get away from Fiona because "shes MY sister!"

What are you thankful for today?

5 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a whole lot of similar things.....
    beautiful baby girls who smile like the sun.
    big boys who always smell sweaty now, but who still aren't afraid to hug their mamas.
    a snuggly baby in my warm bed, under the roof of my cozy house.
    every lesson I have learned over the last year.
    the awesome food that is coming next Thursday... and the amazing company that comes with it.
    BTW I'm with you. Christmas in November? Gag. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Fiona is getting! And I agree...being a stay at home mom is hard work and definitely a 24/7 job, but I'm so thankful to be home and would never change it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my girls, the fact I get to be with them at home too, and for the wonderful life God has given to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for my boys - couldn't imagine life without them! And yes, I'm am also ignoring Christmas until Thanksgiving is over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...