Friday, November 25, 2011

First race and the non-traditional tradition

Gobble Gobble, I finally followed through with my Thanksgiving run (6 years late). 39.29 for a 4.2 miler, not an impressive time compared to competitive runners, I am just proud of my self for running the entire thing. A big thank you to my sweet family and little sis who got up early to cheer me on. We got to enjoy some interesting characters along my way.




High on endorphins, and lots of coffee, we enjoyed Thanksgiving how it is meant to be enjoyed- with people you love. I am so thankful for our friends who have become family away from family. Especially these amazing friends who share our love for kids, crafts, small details, sports and good food. Their beautiful southwest Florida property made for quiet the dreamy set up. Thanksgiving dinner out side, under strung lights and surrounded by palm trees. Go Pack! ( okay, I am a born and raised Lions fan and I married a Packer, so it was a win no matter who won, but trust me, Packers are intense loyal fans and by marriage, I guess so am I.)



















Marco, I need a copy of the group picture :)

I continue with my Thanksgiving tradition of not having a tradition. Every year, it seems we do something different. But this one definitely made it to one of the top five bests. Enjoying one more day with my sister before yet another good bye. Some beach pictures to come...

4 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving outside!!! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the run!! so fun! I love having turkey day outside great fun! and a very cute project for the kiddos! so cool! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the run!!! I have been trying to slowly work myself up to running a 5k..having my doubts though;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the run!

    That looks like a such a beautiful spot for a Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...