Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My lemonade

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. The cliche that a grateful heart lives by. No matter what your beliefs, what your situation, what your status or location or what path you are on, you have two choices. You can let that lemon leave a sour taste in your mouth, or you can find a way to make that flavor sweet.

My eyes have been open ten folds in the past two years. And it never fails to impress me that through all the horrible, terrible things I learn about, hope always shines through. Gratitude is a necklace I never take off. Its how I start and end my days. It is what allows me to grow closer to God even in the midst of pain. His faithfulness is my rock.

Any pain and suffering I have endured is trivial in the grand scheme of things. I do not know true suffering or loss. And while there are some that may pity my life or the card that I have been dealt, I know that my trials or challenges are something to be thankful for. I am incredibly thankful for my kids lives. The pure blessing that they are here, thriving, smiling, growing. I am thankful for the people that have been placed in my husband and mines life that have given us wisdom and strength to mature us beyond our years to understand both marriage and family. I am thankful for my husband who works at making us us. The ebb and flow that makes our relationship work.



I am thankful for my daughters health. For the mere fact that she was born in this age and not 30 years ago. For surgeons graceful hands that can fix tiny hearts and tiny feet and tiny ears and tiny eyes. We may shortly be facing a fourth surgery and I am thankful that my heart is at peace that she will once again be in good hands. I am thankful I get to pick up a smiling, content baby every morning and kiss her sweet soft cheeks. Her life, in its self, is a gift- a blessing- that I will never take for granted.



I am thankful for birth order. That I had my boys first. That I had twins first. The incredible bond that my kids are developing and the natural instincts my boys have to love and protect their sister. I am thankful for a non- typical family and the opportunity that gives my kids to grow up more open eyed to life's true concerns. Gods natural way to help me raise kids that are more invested in people and others then things and themselves.


I am thankful for wrong turns. Red lights. Missed exits. I am thankful for an impulse move to Florida. What I once thought was the biggest mistake of my life that turned into my perfect life. A husband, three kids and the blessing to stay home and raise them, a roof over my head, food on the table, cloths on my back, friends who care, family who loves, two boys who are spunky and independent, a little girl who is strong willed and determined, good health, opportunity, support. I have a lot to be thankful for, and for that, I am thankful. Lemon, you ain't got nothing on me.


All photography by Ashley Allbee

5 comments:

  1. These are some of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen!! You are a BEAUTIFUL family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, beautiful pictures! You have much to be thankful for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family!!! Great post and pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures, and such a beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your posts but this one is extra special. And the pictures are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...