Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Overload

Florida snow. We stand around, fueled with anticipation to see the little magic that defines Christmas time. The white dusting that covers Christmas lit houses and glistens on little ones heads in the movies. In our own childhood memories. We wait for this glimpse of magic, while enjoying ice cream and watching our kids run through sprinklers. And when they announce "Let it snow!", my boys rush over to catch the floating white magic shooting out of a machine perched high up on a palm tree, only to turn to me with pure disappointment, "mom, its just bubbles". It was at that point that I stopped swearing under my breath at my camera that had run out of batteries two minutes before the "snow" fall, and just threw up my hands with a "what are you going to do". We still danced in the snow bubbles. 












Little sister is communicating more and more. She waves like a true princess. We walk with her waving over my shoulder to any one or anything she passes. In the car, she is like a beauty queen on a float, sweetly waving to each passing car. She also is very good at making it clear when she wants something. Apparently, she was not too happy when there was no more ice cream.


We sweetened up the snow let-down with some gingerbread- and a visit to the Naples Ritz Carlton to gawk at their life-size gingerbread house. All is magic again with a cookie in hand.






Our second annual Christmas light walk made me realize this is a tradition that as long as we live in warm weather will stick. 


My kids are the best at 7 at night. Night owls like their father. Its probably the only time I can guarantee not one of the three of my kids is going to have any melt downs. So I love night activities with them. I love when they get along, when they include their sister, how Fiona so looks up to her big brothers. And I love being a witness to this piece of magic... family.




this awkward photo was taken right after the boys yelled " Lets snuggle with Fo-na!"


We seem to have a slight addiction to candy cane's in our family. Thank God that the red doesn't stain and we may possibly need sugar detox therapy after the holidays.

The Polar Express didn't make that much of an impact on the boys,which really surprised me what with their obsession with trains, but a (kinda) real train ride is always a hit. A night ride through Christmas lights on a chilly night was the icing on the cake for our festive weekend. 





I am ready. I am ready to watch my kids rip through wrapping paper and see the magic in their eyes with each gift. I am so thankful to be here, now. Three healthy, beautiful kids. Fiona's Heart Day just around the corner, I can't help but reflect on the anxiety of last Christmas. The thoughts of what if this is her first and only Christmas? But it wasn't. And her heart is now PERFECT. These three are the greatest gift I could ever receive. Merry Christmas to you and yours. May you be aware of all you have to be grateful for. 


5 comments:

  1. I love love love that last picture!
    I'm so terrible, no cards this year...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamdyn gets the same way when there's no more ice cream. Have a very Merry Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that last picture!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family photo!! I love that one with the boys "snuggling" with Fiona, hahah.
    Merry Christmas Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! And I absolutely LOVE your Christmas Cards -- beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...